Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Cybersecurity (nice to have)
Scripting (nice to have)
Redis (nice to have)
Monitoring systems (regular)
WebSell is seeking to recruit a Senior Linux Systems Administrator to maintain and administer its production infrastructure.
WebSell provides e-commerce services to over 400 retail businesses globally, and processes hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of transactions per year.
We are headquartered in Cork, Ireland, with a sales office in Traverse City, Michigan, and a support office in Poznan, Poland.
This role will be based in Poznan and can be performed at the office in Poznan city centre (Stary Rynek 80 / 82) or remotely.
This is an English-speaking job, with a high standard required in both written and verbal communication through English.
- Build and manage infrastructure environments based on Linux, Apache / Nginx, MariaDB / MySQL, Redis, and other open-source tools
- Demonstrate your passion for troubleshooting, and for technology and methodologies
- Assist the software engineering team with performance improvement and automation activities to enhance productivity and ensure optimal uptime for customers
- Collaborate with members of the support team to provide escalated support in critical situations
- Work with the Head of Technology to ensure ongoing compliance with PCI-DSS (Level 1 Service Provider) and GDPR, as well as spearheading any other initiatives around new IT policies, controls, and compliance
- Use tools such as Monit / Heartbeat, and FILM software, to monitor the production environment and address performance and security issues as they arise
- Provide general support on internal IT as required
- 5+ years of experience in Linux operating system installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance
- Experience in monitoring large scale environments
- Commandline scripting skills, ideally including the ability to write and maintain Perl and Python scripts
- Experience using relational database management systems like MySQL or MariaDB, preferably in a replicated environment
- Experience in the (remote) deployment, monitoring, and management of bare metal servers
- Experience with network device management and configuration
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Professional Linux certifications
- Understanding of agile development practices
- Experience in deploying and maintaining the hosted environment for high web applications
- The ability to diagnose and troubleshoot database performance issues
- Knowledge of disaster recovery best practices including practical experience
- A background in cybersecurity and / or certifications in same
- 26 paid vacation days (whether on B2B or on standard contract)
- Annual bonus scheme (on standard contract)
- Private health care (LuxMed)
- MultiSport / MultiBenefit
- International team with a friendly culture and a supportive environment
- Informal dress code
- Computer hardware and OS of your choice + displays and peripherals (up to €3,000)
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote work from Poland, with the option of working from the our central, modern Poznan office (on Stary Rynek)