EIS Developer / EIS Consultant
EIS is an enterprise grade digital insurance platform built on Java technology. It provides an open, flexible and modern platform with API connectivity offering a significant range of challenging opportunities for developers.
We are looking for highly motivated, self- starting candidates with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications to join our insurance sector team.
You will be part of a talented software development team that works on mission-critical applications. Developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java / J2EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Applicants for the role must be professional, task-oriented and articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You must possess a strong work ethic, a keen desire to learn, and the ability to quickly master potentially complex technical solutions (predominately insurance systems).
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities :
- Developer responsibilities include developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance within the insurance industry
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code (whether working in a configuration / integration or hybrid development role)
- Interact with delivery and client teams of Business Analysts, System Architects, Quality Assurance to ensure the finalized requirements are clear, concise, comprehensive, unambiguous, and well-documented
- Ensure designs comply with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Qualifications and Experience
- Required Skills and Experience
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject Proven insurance industry software development experience is preferred (relevant products would include but are not limited to;
Desirable Skills and Experience Knowledge / experience of Adobe LiveCycle designer Knowledge / experience of Mobile App / Wearable application and WebPortal Knowledge of Cloud platforms and technologies (i.
e., AWS / Azure) Knowledge of web front end development frameworks such as ReactJS / Angular Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC) Experience in Apache camel, Apache Kafka, Talend and mule studio, CI / CD tools