Senior IT Product Manager, Sustainability (ESG)
Procter and Gamble (P&G), a lead FMCG company and therefore a key influencer of the FMCG industry, recently made several bold commitments to resolve environmental sustainability challenges tackling top problems like climate change (become net zero carbon emissions), waste (100% recycled / reusable plastic), water (make more water available in critically water-stressed areas around the world), and nature (responsible sourcing of pulp or palm oil).
Data, reporting and analytics is at the heart of this transformation, by providing science based, objective information on this complex topic for biggest impact decision making.
Global Business Services (GBS) is creating an Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) service to accurately collect, integrate, validate, report and analyze environment information for the corporation.
P&G strongly focuses on transforming its operations using A&I products (own IP) and leverage data as a critical business asset to do so.
We wish to create products and IT capabilities which leverage ESG data in everyday business decision making and to provide vital insights to executives, partners, governments, auditors, and managers.
The ESG service is innovating the future business models as it is at the intersection of two mega-trends : sustainability and AI.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you want to work in a team where your efforts will fuel P&G business, then this job is perfect for you!
As a Senior IT Product Manager you will :
- lead one of the ESG products addressing a critical business use.
- work closely with business partners and users for requirements, industry experts (governments or consulting), engineers / developers, architects and designers to create a product from concept to launch.
- be responsible to reach the highest business and environment impact in the shortest time by driving product led growth, adoption and innovation at scale.
You will be required to have strong business judgement, excellent problem solving skills, and demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams.
A solid business and technical background to work with BPs and different teams members and experts is highly appreciated.
Your key responsibilities will include :
- Champion the needs of your users, clients, business and environmental objectives
- Create and evangelize the product vision and empower team-members critical to the product’s success
- Build the argument for your product roadmap, and measure / report to partners on product impact
- Keep up to date on the latest industry standard methodologies, strategies and technologies relevant to ESG
- Create a strong team working environment and culture with high morale and productivity
- Drive execution and remove roadblocks by prioritizing and de-scoping features
- Research and identify new opportunities for Procter and Gamble to innovate on behalf of the consumers
- Manage the entire product life cycle from initial planning to tactical execution
Product Management team holds responsibility for the ultimate success of the product. Is accountable for understanding what clients and users want, setting the product strategy and roadmap, and guiding a cross-functional team as part of the product development process and full product lifecycle to ensure that the product delights clients / users and enhances the economic value delivery to the business.
To deliver products at scale, organizations break down product management work into two roles, the product manager and the product owner.
Both roles are important to the overall success of a product, have a distinct responsibility split and should work closely together to build products that users love.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or a related technical field
- proven experience with IT Product Management
- Leadership skills in terms of ability to influence internally and externally and create a mutually beneficial partnership with Business Users / Partners and Engineer / Developers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Experience in IT systems development, and ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Azure certification or experience
- Product Owner certification or experience (DevOps, SAFe)
- Experience in managing data, reporting or analytical products
- Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) data experience (like EU Taxonomy & SFDR / NFRD)
- Hands on experience in IT development / scripting (SQL / Python / PySpark) / IT analytics / visualization tools (Power BI)
- Work experience in a professional services industry
What we offer :
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have project ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and encouraging work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work / life balance.
- Continuous mentoring, you will work with hardworking people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues.
Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Industry Certifications (ITIL, DevOps, MS portfolio etc), full additional benefit program like private health care, P&G Dynamic Living programs like sport cards, in-office fitness center, PG stock options, saving plans, lunch subsidy, regular salary increases and possible promotions, flexible work arrangements, mentoring programs & trainings.
- Big Picture understanding of P&G IT and Product Supply organization and its Services in global multi-functional teams with several locations across continents.
Who we are :
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we are the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways.
We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas : leadership, innovation and citizenship. The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment! We commit to provide you with equal opportunities in employment! We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Experienced Professionals (Job Segmentation)