Solution Architect - Retail Banking, Capital Markets or Wealth
We are looking to strengthen our team in the vertical of banking and capital markets (BCM) with solution architects and development leads that will take on the following responsibilities :
- Design and document scalable solutions following appropriate models, templates, technologies, tools, principles, and best practices
- Drive the decision-making process for the architecture solution, considering all aspects such as technologies, environments, principles, external parties in particular in the vertical of banking capital markets
- Guide and educate medium and junior developers in the domain specific aspects of the banking and capital markets domain
- Assist the product team to ensure that they understand the architectural relevant quality attributes, standards, architectural guidelines, and designs
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models relevant to the product
- Assess technical risks and assumptions coming from the development teams and manage the potential changes made to the product functionality
- Maintain and implement the architecture vision considering appropriate trade-offs and all stakeholders considering domain specific constraints in the vertical of Banking and Capital Markets
- Provide the appropriate guidance for the development teams to implement the architectural vision
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders, at a technical and business level to understand the customer requirements and design solutions, especially based on strong experience in a BCM sub-vertical
- Create and deliver technical and business presentations to both internal and external audiences
Qualifications and Experience
- Solid understanding of the key quality attributes (performance, scalability, monitoring, usability, etc.) and strategies (architectural styles, patterns) across the BCM domain or in a specific sub-vertical
- Previous experience of 5+ years working in the domain of BCM as a developer or architect creating and maintaining proprietary solutions.
This includes, but is not restricted to, trading, clearing and settlement for cash and derivatives products, buy or sell side, asset management, retail banking, ledgers and accounting, foreign exchange, etc..
- A good understanding of the domain specific quality attributes relevant in the BCM area.
- Experience in client-driven large-scale implementation projects
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Experience in architecting solutions for cloud platforms is a plus
- Solid experience in large international projects working with multicultural teams
- A good overview of the commercial off the shelf software products and their responsibilities in a specific sub-vertical and integration with those.
- Experience as tech lead / designer in Software Development projects
- Solid experience working onshore, offshore, nearshore, and on-site with co-located and distributed teams
- Very good spoken and written English language skills
- Consulting skills to moderate and drive decisions in complex environments in the BCM domain.